While Zentools is mostly easy to configure, we have added preset and default options to make it even easier to get up and running. Now it's simply a matter of clicking a few buttons and you can replicate any of the default layouts we showcase on the Zentools demo site.
Setting default options per layout
Applying these default options affect the items shown in the available tag area as well as set any of the basic default options for that specific layout.
The default options do not configure the content source for the module.
To implement the defaults for a specific layout you need to:
1. Select from the layouts available in the layout drop down.
2. Click set default options.
3. Now any relevant panels for that layout will be displayed below the templating area and the default template tags will be populated in the template options.
Implementing layout presets
In addition to being able to set default items we have added the option to select from preset configurations that can be applied to your layout. These presets include:
- Filtered grid
- Two column grid
- Captify content grid
- Two column list
- Three column list
- Overlay Slideshow
- Flat Slideshow
Applying these presets will overwrite any of your existing settings and implement any of the settings required to display the layout selected.
1. Select the desired preset from the layout source.
2. Hit the "Click here to apply preset button"
3. After clicking the "Click here to apply preset option" the preset is automatically configured and new layout items are now present in the content template options.
- After the preset has been applied the layout source will revert back to the base layout.
- Also if a preset is selected as the base layout and you do not hit the apply preset button then this instance of the module will not display content on the front end. Instead you will get an error noting that you have not hit the apply preset button yet.
- That hitting either the apply preset or apply default button will undo any changes you have made to the module configuration.